Wilmington SAFE HOMES Parents Network
The Safe Homes Pledge:
- I/We will actively supervise all gatherings or parties of youth in my/our home or on my/our property, or ask another responsible adult to do so.
- I/We will not allow the possession or use of alcohol, marijuana, or any other controlled substance by youth in my/our home or on my/our property
- I/We will set expectations for my/our children by knowing where they are going, who they are with, what their plans are, and when they are to return home.
What is expected of me as a member of SAFE HOMES?
- Set age-appropriate family guidelines for your children and KNOW: WHERE your children are; WHO they are with; WHAT they are doing; WHEN they are expected home; and WHAT consequences will be if the rules are broken.
- Actively support and enforce a clear, consistent message and policy for all youth that there will be NO USE of alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs.
- Talk to other parents (the parents of your child's friends), and agree on expectations and rules for your children. Welcome a phone call from other parents supporting your combined commitment.
- Provide support for other parents in your joint efforts to have safe, healthy, drug-free homes and communities.